Saturday, July 26, 2014

This Morning's 10k

I am beyond excited to announce that my running partner and I ran a non race 10k this morning!

Our goal was to push hard and go long and that is just what we did. The farthest I had ever run was 5 miles back in May. Since then our long run days have been postponed due to illness, vacation, and Texas humidity and heat!

I knew I had it in me. Staying positive is the hardest for me. My brain is my biggest enemy while running. Luckily I made it to 5mi this morning before asking myself why I do this to myself.

At 6am it was already in the 80's with 94% humidity (thank you Garmin watch!). After a good application of bug spray we were on our way.

Half way through we decided to go on a gravel path. Boy does that work different muscles. It took a while for my calves to cooperate but thankfully they did. It was fun to switch up our route and it was by accident because we took a wrong turn. Go figure!

I'm super pumped, super happy with our time, and super sore. My left knee is swollen and weak feeling. I really hope its just from the added mileage. I can't pinpoint if I injured myself during the run so I hope that's a good sign!

Here are the stats from this morning:
  • 1:10:04
  • 6.20mi
  • 11:18/mi
  • 752 cal (cupcakes anyone? Just kidding :)
Hope y'all are having a productive and positive Saturday!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment