Thursday, May 22, 2014

My Lifestyle Goal for 2014, Part 1

I really don't like making resolutions. I never keep up with them and then I feel like I've failed. I know I'm not alone in this!

So I made one goal for the year. To live a healthier lifestyle. So what does this mean?

Let me give you some background information.

I never struggled with my weight growing up. I was always very active participating in gymnastics, dance, swim team, cheerleading, vollyball, soccer, and track. If anything I was considered too skinny. This was my identity. I found myself saying "at least I'm thin" when I was down. This was not healthy.

Fast forward several years and two babies later. I struggle with my weight.

While I was pregnant with my son I was extremely ill with hyperemesis. While you are supposed to be gaining weight I was down 17 pounds and dropping. I was on a medicine pump and IVs at home to sustain me. When I was finally able to eat I ate whatever I wanted because I had to gain weight. This started some seriously poor eating choices. I was too weak to cook so I ate fast food two or three times a day every single day for about 18 weeks. If I wanted ice cream I ate ice cream.

You know what happened? I gained weight! Go figure!

When I got pregnant with my daughter 9 months later I wasn't at my pre-pregnancy weight. My only exercise during my second pregnancy was chasing my one year old and walking. I didn't gain as much weight as before but I still had very poor eating habits.

My son is now 3 and my daughter is 1 1/2 years old.

I have been on a weight loss journey for a year now.

No comments:

Post a Comment